Need a fresh take on an important topic? Struggling to shape a draft? Buried under a mound of information that needs order, focus, punch?
Let me help.
I’m Wendy Lyons Sunshine, freelance writer, editor, and collaborator. My toolbox includes a BA in English, phi beta kappa, an MA in professional and technical communication, and more than 20 years of print and online publication experience. I love interviewing experts, digging through research studies, organizing content, and weaving a coherent message from a tangle of material.
Big ideas, made clear.
My specialty is distilling complex ideas into clear, compelling prose. Examples include:
- Award-winning parenting best-seller that continues to top multiple Amazon.com categories
- Information security white paper for a medical device company
- Ghosted blog posts for C-suite financial executives
- Grant writing that won over $4 million in contract awards
- Educational e-books and web content for public health organizations
- Profiles of entrepreneurs for business magazines
- Hundreds of original articles for media outlets
When you need a skilled freelance writer or editorial partner… when words and meaning matter… for stories that make a difference, contact me and let’s discuss your project.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Wendy Lyons Sunshine
♦ Masters of Arts in Professional and Technical Communication, environmental science cognate, University of North Texas (3.9 GPA)
♦ Bachelor of Arts in English with honors, phi beta kappa, Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey (3.7 GPA)
♦ Outstanding Book of the Year, American Society of Journalists & Authors
♦ First Place, Outstanding Small Market Reporting, Print, Society of Environmental Journalists
♦ First Amendment Award, Society of Professional Journalists, Fort Worth
♦ Second Place, Business Reporting, Lone Star Award, Houston Press Club
♦ Certificate of Excellence, Press Club of Dallas