Can you say “thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm” or “attribute-based access control?”
Once upon a time, I couldn’t either.
Thanks to a master’s degree in professional and technical communication and years of industry experience, I’m comfortable speaking with SMEs (subject matter experts), crafting and reviewing complex documents, following style guides, searching databases, and cross-checking figures and footnotes.
My work includes:
- Reporting on medical advances for Ophthalmology Management, Retinal Physician, Endocrine Web, Practical Pain Management, and MD+DI.
- Contract writer for two surgical teams at the Center for Advanced Medical Learning and Simulation (CAMLS) at University of South Florida.
- Technical proposals that won over $4 million in government contract awards.
- Articles for about.com and thebalance.com on conventional and alternative energy topics, including coal, gas pipelines, wood stoves, solar, and wind.
- Managing documentation teams for two software development firms.
- Preparing thousands of abstracts summarizing scientific research for a reference publisher.
- Researching and drafting portions of a textbook about environmental impact assessment for a college professor.
Feel free to contact me if your editorial team needs a hand with complex or technical content.