Can you say “thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm” or “attribute-based access control?”
Once upon a time, I couldn’t either.
Thanks to a master’s degree in professional and technical communication and years of industry experience, I’m comfortable speaking with SMEs (subject matter experts), crafting and reviewing complex documents, searching databases, and cross-checking figures and footnotes.
My scientific, technical, and medical work includes:
- Contributor to Ophthalmology Management, Retinal Physician, Endocrine Web, and Practical Pain Management.
- Health and medicine feature articles for MD+DI, AARP Magazine, Houston Business Journal, Health, and more.
- Staff technical writer and editor for software development companies, and contract writer for two surgical teams at the Center for Advanced Medical Learning and Simulation (CAMLS) at University of South Florida.
- Articles for about.com and thebalance.com on conventional and alternative energy topics, including coal, gas pipelines, wood stoves, solar, and wind.
- Thousands of abstracts summarizing scientific research for a major reference publisher.